Middle Tennessee orthopedic and sports medicine physicians
Bone and joint conditions can be painful and keep you from enjoying an active lifestyle. Our team of sports medicine specialists, board certified physicians and fellowship-trained surgeons work in collaboration to treat and diagnose a wide range of orthopedic symptoms.
Our offices throughout Middle Tennessee utilize cutting-edge therapies including robotic-assisted surgeries, minimally invasive surgeries and non-surgical advances to restore mobility and help you regain a more active, healthy life.
Orthopedic Expertise Near You
Our joint replacement specialists and physicians have experience across multiple services including:
- Joint replacement – We use the latest joint replacement technology and techniques such as minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgical options, resulting in faster recovery times and less pain. We offer joint replacement for areas like the knee, hip or shoulder.
- Sports medicine – Our board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians and surgeons work with athletes of all ages and levels.
- Hand and wrist care — Our orthopedic hand surgeons offer advanced options which result in quicker recovery, less post-op pain and fewer complications.
- Overall bone and joint care – Our teams of orthopedic surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation therapists and other specially trained and experienced professionals work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Rehabilitation services – Our experts can help get you moving after an injury or surgery, and can help you minimize the impacts of arthritis or other conditions.
Commonly Asked Questions
What is an Orthopedic Specialist?
Orthopedic doctors specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment for conditions that impact bones, joints, ligaments, tendons or muscles. They are comfortable treating conditions that range from sprains, strains and fractures to joint replacements or spinal deformities. Some orthopedists are generalists, while others specialize in specific areas of the body, patients of specific age or specific conditions.
What is a Sports Medicine Specialist?
Sports medicine specialists are generally orthopedic surgeons or family medicine physicians who have fellowship training in sports medicine. They are experts in the prevention and treatment of injuries that are usually specific to athletes or those with a highly active lifestyle. Often, a sports medicine doctor will partner closely with other professionals such as athletic trainers or physical therapists.
What are some of the common conditions treated?
- Arthritis, bursitis, osteoporosis and other age-related bone and joint issues
- Hand, wrist, shoulder and upper extremity injuries and issues
- Hip and Knee pain
- Injuries and fractures
- Joint pain
What non-surgical and surgical treatment options do you provide?
- Hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements (partial and full)
- Minimally invasive and robotic-assisted hip and knee replacements
- Arthroscopic diagnosis and treatment of pain through a small incision (shoulder, hip and knee arthroscopy)
- Orthopedic surgeries including minimally invasive surgical options for many conditions
- Surgical sports medicine including ACL surgery, knee arthroscopy, torn meniscus surgery
- Non-surgical pain interventions and therapy