Comprehensive women's health services in Middle Tennessee
At TriStar Medical Group, we provide comprehensive gynecologic services to women at all life stages, from puberty to post-menopause, caring for women as if they were our own family. We offer individualized, compassionate women's health services throughout the Greater Nashville area, including Brentwood, Hermitage, Lebanon, Hendersonville and Antioch.
To schedule an appointment with a gynecologist, call (800) 242-5662.
What does a gynecologist do?
Gynecologists specialize in women's healthcare and diagnose and treat conditions that affect the female reproductive system. Some commonly treated and managed women's health conditions include menstruation, menopause, hormone and fertility issues and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Many of our gynecologists are obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs), meaning that they specialize in both gynecologic and obstetric care. This allows them to provide care for women in all stages of life, including pregnancy.
We know that gynecologists are many women's primary care physicians. That's why we approach every patient with a holistic understanding that we may be their “healthcare home base." Our women's care specialists strive to ensure that patients receive advanced women's health services from respectful providers who listen to them.
Advanced women's care in a comfortable environment
From the front office to the exam room, our women's care team is patient-focused. We strive to connect with our patients, develop relationships and allow time in our appointments to listen to their questions and concerns.
We also reduce the distress associated with visiting the doctor's office by providing high-quality women's care in aesthetically pleasing environments and offering soft, linen robes instead of thin, paper gowns.
Women's health conditions we treat
We diagnose women's health conditions and work with our patients to develop individualized treatment plans. Our doctors have the experience, knowledge and compassion to diagnose a wide range of women's health conditions, including:
- Abnormal bleeding disorders
- Abnormal Pap smears
- Bladder issues
- Breast issues, pain and lumps
- Gynecologic cancer
- Gynecologic cysts
- Menstrual disorders, such as:
- Absence of periods (amenorrhea)
- Abnormal bleeding
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain and conditions
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness and discharge
- Vulvar disorders
- Yeast infections
Preventive care and gynecologic services we offer
The woman’s reproductive system is complex and covers a wide range of body systems. Our women's specialists use their medical knowledge and modern technology to diagnose a range of gynecologic and female reproductive health conditions. Some of the women's health services we offer include:
- Adolescent and teen gynecology
- Annual women's exam
- Bone densitometry screening
- Breast cancer gene (BRCA) screening
- Breast health exam and mammography
- Contraceptive (birth control) counseling, prescriptions and management, such as pills, patches, rings and intrauterine devices (IUD) implantations
- Gynecologic surgery
- Hormone replacement counseling and management
- Obstetric care and midwifery services for patients who are pregnant
- Osteoporosis screening and prevention
- Menopausal management
- Sports gynecology
Diagnoses typically come with multiple treatment options. Surgery is an option for many of the disorders we treat, and we always consider the least invasive option first. We perform many procedures using minimally invasive surgical methods, including robotic surgery and laparoscopy.
Gynecologic surgical procedures we offer include:
- Cervical biopsy
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial biopsy
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Myomectomy (fibroid removal)
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Tubal ligation